Tuesday, March 25, 2008

硫黄島からの手紙

Yesterday as I lay virtually paralyzed from back pain, I decided to watch some of my more lengthy movies on DVR, some of which I will be reviewing on their own. A major stand out among all the films was the Clint Eastwood directed, opposite viewpoint masterpiece, "Letters from Iwo Jima". Now, I did watch "Flags of Our Fathers" first, and it is a grand film in and of itself, but something in the very essence of "Iō Jima Kara no Tegami" as it is translated, sticks inside your heart, inspiring an air of calm and understanding amongst such brutal and harsh visuals and environment. I should like to go into detail about what I saw, but time on this day is a factor and I need to play catch-up, but I will talk more on the subject. Until then, find these movies and watch them in tandem and see if come away un-scathed.
"Letters from Iwo Jima"
(((03)))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home