Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dupond et Dupont


SIMON PEGG & NICK FROST CONFIRMED FOR TINTIN

From Simon's blog:

After months of speculation and bare faced denial, I can finally say yes, Nick and I will be appearing as the Thom(p)son Twins in Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson's forthcoming motion capture adaptation of Tin Tin. It's been on the cards for ages but because it hadn't been announced by HQ, we couldn't really confirm it. It's weird when you have to be so clandestine about something essentially so ephemeral but I guess it comes down to making the announcement when the time was right and not simply because the scoop hounds are barking. I've actually been working on another movie for over a year now without my involvement being announced. There's even a trailer in theaters. I'll be able to tell you all about that soon. Just got to wait for the nod from the PR bods.

All this will in no way affect Paul. We are still due to start shooting in spring and our commitments to the quiffed, Belgian, boy reporter will be over for the time being by then. Nick and I are off to LA in a couple of weeks to start rehearsals. I'm really looking forward to working with Andy Serkis, who aside from being a prodigiously talented actor, is one of the nicest chaps you could ever wish to meet.

And in case you're wondering how on earth Nick and I are going to play virtually identical twins, as I said over on Peggster.net, let's not forget we will be working with the technology that transformed Mr. Serkis into a messed up hobbit and a 40 foot gorilla, two things which have coincidentally been used on occasion, to describe myself and Nick.

Hope 2009 is being good to everyone so far. And to our LA contingent, you will soon able to see Nick and I doing homoerotic work outs on Santa Monica beach.

Sxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home