Friday, April 24, 2009

Tirer Premier, Demander aux Questions plus tard

Congratulations must be in order to Shoot 'Em Up director Michael Davis who has unapologetically kicked my ass. Of the vast amount of films I've seen, he's managed to deliver one that is officially the most over the top, mind-numbingly bold 86 minutes in cinema. Forget John Woo, forget Tarantino, forget Rodriguez, Davis has undoubtedly milked the proverbial action movie teat to bone dry. And laughed with his audience as he dabbed his chin.

This isn't to say that Shoot 'Em Up is bad or that it was not entertaining, but let's give credit where credit was demanded at gun-point. Had this movie not stared two uber-talents like Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti then I don't know that anyone would have seen it... um, did anyone see it?

I can't say much about the plot without giving it away other than a guy (Owen) tries to protect an new-born baby from assassins (Giamatti, among others). The "why" is almost irrelevant since the "how" is definitely more the point.

Suffice it to say that I found myself drifting when the action wasn't on screen but when it was, when I wasn't mumbling "oh, you gotta be fucking kidding me" under my breath, I was actually enjoying the crap out of myself. It's over the top sure, but it's worth a watch. Sorry, no refunds for lost lunch.

Shoot First, Ask Questions Later
(((03)))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home