Thursday, October 03, 2013

Everything Wrong with WWZ

" I don't take the movies seriously, and anyone who does is in for a headache. " ~ Bette Davis
 I am able to grasp the concept that a book and a film are two different things and that comparing one to the other is both futile and childish. Period.

 I am also familiar with, can grasp and accept the idea of suspension of disbelief.

I watched World War Z with an open mind and the beforehand-knowledge that I'm a little too grown up to still sit and moan about how "the book was better than the movie" and decided to enjoy myself rather than sit through it trying to think of ways to let everyone on Facebook know how cleaver I am by taking smack about it.

That being said... I did enjoy the film and I was entertained. But... there were some really very obvious rookie mistakes... we're talking the kind of stuff you expect from Roland Emmerich kind of crap.

Gathered here is a collection of said offenses. Some I caught, others I did not... consciously. The movie is still great... just like a steak is great even if the wine is crap... and, I will still own it on Blu Ray.

 By the way... ***(SPOILERS)***

(((03)))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home