Monday, April 23, 2007

Redemtion in the form of what was just about never seen (or...why I was impressed with Night's newest)

M. Night Shyamalan impressed me with The Sixth Sense, slayed me with Unbreakable, bored me shitless with Signs and I never gave a second thought to The Village (that's how much I hated Signs). So when it came to Lady in the Water, there was only one reason I picked it up...Paul fucking Giamatti. That brilliant mother fucker! (See American Splendor and Sideways!!!) What I was not prepared for was how beautiful and insanely magical Lady in the Water is. The story, the cast, the sheer magnitude of all of them combined. I was taken by this movie and I can't recommend it enough. I hesitate to give any of the story a once over for fear I would do it no justice. This movie has to be viewed to be believed. Very HIGH on my list of brilliant films!!!



(((03)))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home