Thursday, March 29, 2007

Gutsfuck in the Dust (or...Nick Cave treats us to Hell)

Tired of movies that are easy to watch and let you sit like a deaf moron and never pay attention? Tired of movies that end with the majority of everyones entrails remaining on the insides of their bodies? Tired of movies that don't have John Hurt in them? Well your prayers have been answered with The Proposition. Set in pre-civilized Australia, the story follows two brothers and a British Officer charged with calming the chaos in the brutal hell that is the outback. With visuals reminiscent of some of the best Jim Jarmusch and a soundtrack provided by screenwriter Nick Cave, the movie is brilliant in it's ability to ward off the "Die Hard" muscle-head idiots who are looking for gore instead of art...and it has John Hurt! This is the 3rd movie to enter my collection with Guy Pearce in it, and with the Proposition, he has solidified himself as one of my favorites.

(((03)))

2 Comments:

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

A movie written by Nick Cave, starring John Hurt and Guy Pearce, set in the Australian Outback? How the hell did I miss out on that? It's definitely going to the top of my Netflix list, if I can get it there, so thanks for the head's up

12:24 PM  
Blogger MKA said...

I'm always glad to share about a movie I've seen that I think maybe not everyone has heard of. Thanks for checking out my post and I'm looking forward to checking out yours!

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home