Wednesday, September 17, 2008

La crainte d'une planète déserte

Last night I finally saw Planet Terror, one half of the Grindhouse double -feature which showcases films by Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tatantino, and let me just say, it was WELL worth the wait!

Now, I'm a fan of Robert's anyway so anything I say about his films can be taken with a grain of salt if you like. It's true, his movies do require a great deal of "suspension of dis-belief" no matter what the subject matter, but I think that is what I like the most about them. That and the fact that they are REALLY FUCKING GOOD, quality movies that are enjoyable every minute from first to last!

I mean to say, Robert has great writing, great character development, great direction, great... great... great... I could go on and on. But, those of you who are fans already know, those of you who are not, I don't give a shit about and those of you who will become fans will know soon enough and then, I will welcome you into the fold with open arms!

Massive respect to Robert for his "10 Minute" Schools in which he shows us the "how-to" aspect of his film making and cooking skills. I own everything (with only a few exceptions) that Robert has done and will continue to support his film making. If you love me, you'll do the same. See you in line for Machete (yes, it's going to be a feature film), Barbarella and Sin City 2 among other things. I'll keep you posted.
Fear of a bleak planet
(((03)))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home