Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Re-popularizing the Split Infinitve

Yes, that's right America, one of the most famous lines in television, "...to boldly go where no man has gone before" is a widely accepted affront to the English language as the adverb "boldly" splits the full infinitive "to go."

So, will we see this corrected in the J.J. Abrams' new version of Star Trek? I can see it now, movie theaters full of slack-jawed nerds keeling over in their seats as Chris Pine narrates, "...to go boldly where no man has gone before." Or, perhaps Abrams will chose the more gender-friendly Next Generation version "no one" instead.

Either way, "to boldly go" will have to occupy the canon of my suspension of dis-belief (or is that even what I mean?) as I am psyched as FUCK for the new film. I'm no elitist who's gonna cry about "remakes" and how "wrong" they are because for one... this isn't a remake, it's an origin. Two, who gives a fuck? And three, Simon fucking Pegg is in it! So take that, jerk-off.

6 months left until we can see it though since the dicks at Paramount think the movie would do better in the summer of 2009 than during Christmas, (stupid if you ask me, because sci-fi kicks ass over the holidays). So, fuck you Paramount.

What's my part in all this? Nothing. I just wanted to write something to go along with this snazzy photo I found of almost the entire new cast while being able to complain a little, which is SOOOOO unlike me. I'm off to go boldly get some more coffee. See that wasn't so hard.

(((03)))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home