Monday, November 17, 2008

Faire je dépense à jamais et suis ici satisfait pas

While I was in high school I was an avid fan of the Canadian record label Nettwerk and had come across this then unknown voice that moved me to the point I bought everything up to and including Fumbling Towards Ecstasy.

Years have passed an unfortunately her proud-female-festival turned bulldog-dyke-mullet-contest is more what she's known for than anything else. Well I heard this song at lunch today and was reminded of just how elegant her voice was and how talented a writer she is.

I am unable to post the original video (which rules) but here is a remake she's recently done. The song is still as angelic as the lyrics are hauntingly scary. It's funny that all the lesbos adopted this song, given it's subject matter.

"Through this world I've stumbled
so many times betrayed,
Trying to find an honest word,
to find the truth enslaved,
You speak to me in riddles and
you speak to me in rhymes
My body aches to breathe your breath,
your words keep me alive,"
Would I spend forever here and not be satisfied
(SM:P)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home